8.10.2012

Living Pretty


As most of you know, I recently made a big move across the Great White North and landed in the wonderful city of Calgary. Since arriving, I have acquired my very own little apartment and have been slowly filling it with items here and there. Last weekend I visited the Inglewood neighbourhood and stumbled upon DaDe Art & Design Lab. Dubbed as a provider of innovative and exclusive products that enhance your living space, DaDe did not disappoint. While most of the items on display were drastically out of my price range, there was one designer's work that really caught my eye. Calgarian ceramic sculptor Juliana Rempel, explores the relationship between objects and the space they inhabit, creating functional yet ambiguous items. I invested in a porcelain wheel thrown jar with cork lid. Upon purchase, I intended to use it for tea bags, but now I am considering getting a second and using the pair for some bathroom essentials. Either way, it is a great addition to my new home and I cannot wait to see what other surprises the artists of Calgary have in store.

L.

No comments:

Post a Comment